tweetsThe connection to twitter has returned an error. Please try again later.
When bundle exec rspec spec throws a lot of DB errors, remember to RAILS_ENV=test rake db:migrate (someone stole our rake db:test:prepare it seems.
NEVER, NEVER, EVER create an rspec controller spec like expect(response).to eq(anything). Your test will run until either your computer runs out of memory or you die of old age. Always expect response#something.
These are just the most obvious of the mistakes I've made lately that I can remember. And I don't need to be making them again.
This is the internet home page of Michael C. Libby.
Here's a bunch of stuff I've done over the years...
- Grew up in the Twin Cities Metro Area in the state of Minnesota in the United States of America.
- Programmed games on the family Commodore 64 as a teenager.
- Got a job at the Minnesota Educational Computing Corporation (MECC) as a high school senior.
- Studied fine art at the University of Minnesota and earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
- Member of the New Riverside Cafe collective for 2.5 years.
- Made fonts under the "m.libby" and "AprilSkies" monikers.
- For a while: car-free, bicycle enthusiast (with blog).
- Day jobs in corporate America: data analyst, business systems consultant, application systems engineer, software developer.
- Programmed games for the internet: go play Mikey's Games.
Solved a few Project Euler problems:
I do some Stack Exchange Q & A stuff
now and again, as well:
Got certified on Brainbench (Transcript ID#: 11130182):